Sunday, September 19, 2010

Babies in Hats.

Working front desk at a hotel is a lot more stressful that it seems. It's one of those jobs where people complain a lot, talk down to you, and assume you are stupid. If anyone who reads this ever stays at a hotel, please don't assume the person at the desk is beneath you. We're actually very nice people, and we are more than willing to help you if you are nice.

That said, I already see myself slipping into bitch mode, and I said yesterday that I would NOT use this blog as a complaint outlet. So I decided something.

Since I am in a bad mood today, I need something to cheer myself up. And then I remembered that Carolyn Uhrich-Pike and I had a wonderful idea for a website, and everyone with us at the time agreed that it was brilliant. Fat Babies in Hats.

Seriously, think about it. Fat Babies in Hats would make EVERYONE happy. Would you not laugh if you saw a Fat Baby wearing some kind of sombrero? Or birthday hat? Or football helmet? ANY hat on a Fat Baby is automatically adorable.

So I am now officially making every Sunday "Fat Babies in Hats Day." Every Sunday, I will post a picture of a Fat Baby wearing a hat, which, if nothing else, will make me smile and help me get through my work day.

Here is my first installment. Enjoy it.


And even a tie as a bonus.

1 comment: