Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's already happening.

So, just as I predicted, I already sorta forgot about my blog. I am such a failure.

The only major events in my life are revolving around work these days, so as a result most of my "opinions" are work-related. Such as: "We should have a master list of corporate rates at the front desk for reservation purposes," or "We should really hire another front desk agent to make scheduling a little bit more flexible," or "People should stop being so bitchy all the time." But then most of these opinions don't really matter, because it's not in my power to hire someone else or to make someone smile by brute force. Also, they're boring. So you don't care.

It seems like every Sunday just ends up being ridiculous. I guess it's because a lot of people check out of hotels on Sunday morning, so they can have a day to travel and arrive back home in time for work on Monday. It makes sense. But it also makes my life difficult.

"Can I give you 13 cents in cash, put 18% of the bill on my Visa, 43% on my mom's Discover (oh ps, she's not here, but I wrote her credit card number on this napkin!) and give you the rest in Pokemon cards? My Blastoise alone should cover a pretty big portion of the bill."

Hotel lesson of the day: settle how you want things paid at check-in. What most people don't realize is that when you present a credit card at check-in, it authorizes overnight. So when you come with TWO different cards to check out, a credit card transaction has to first be voided, which makes my computer very upset and confused. And then a line forms behind you, and it becomes very hectic. So not only are you upsetting my poor, crying computer, but you are making life very inconvenient for everyone behind you. Or, if for some reason you change your mind while you are staying in the hotel, try to switch your payment method sometime before checkout time. And don't start speaking Spanish, I don't know what you're trying to say to me.

So my shift isn't even half over yet, and I already was prepared to call today a bad day and accept the fact that I would be miserable for the next 4.5 hours.

BUT! I then remembered. Today is a  very special day.

Happy "Fat Babies in Hats Day," everyone! To all of you having a bad day, this baby is going to do his damndest to make it better for you.


And I bet it's going to work like a charm.

2 comments: