Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jumping on the Blog Bandwagon

It seems like everyone has a blog these days. And it also seems like I have more and more friends starting their own blogs and then excitedly telling me "You should also have a blog!" I have thought about it a few times, since I find my own opinions to be so interesting and/or witty, but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone else thinks as highly of me as I do (even though you totally should).

I also think that part of the reason I have avoided the blogosphere is because my memory immediately reverts back to my Livejournal. Remember Livejournal? I certainly do. I seem to recall a very self-centered 16-year-old boy who posted every day, always complaining about something. And it was always the END OF THE WORLD at the time, and then it generally became irrelevant 5 minutes later.

I also have doubts that I'll even know HOW to blog properly. I am only 24 years old, but I feel like I know NOTHING about technology. I can use Facebook just fine, but that's about as modern as I get. My cell phone is from the 1930's and does not have internet, nor does it know what apps are. I made a Twitter account, but I only tweeted one time. And all it said was "How do I tweet?" So I am afraid that this blog is going to be a massive failure.

So why start a blog now? I have no idea. Maybe because I'm finally caving in to the pressure. Maybe because I might actually have interesting things to say this time. Maybe because I'm bored at work.

Either way, I guess I am now a blogger. Yay? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment